|*Oleksandr Voloshyn is the co-founder and CEO of Postello startup, founded in 2020. Graduate of the Pre-Acceleration Program and BootCamp from CfE Accelerator.|
Oleksandr, why did you implement this idea in your startup?
- From 2017 to 2020, I worked in a lead generation company where I was a co-founder. We grew well and our staff already has more than 25 people. Before the pandemic, I left the company, but the idea came to me while working there as COO because I noticed many points on which we spent a lot of time, and made templates for a long time so that they were personalized and of high quality. I wanted to optimize all of these processes, so the idea of Postello was born back then.
So you applied to Accelerator as soon as you developed the idea of a startup?
- During the pandemic, I began to actively work in this direction. I came to CfE because I wanted to gather as much knowledge as possible, to get enough of it. I have always approached such things comprehensively and therefore understood that I needed to collect different visions and talk to people who had already gone through all this. In the Accelerator, I got everything I needed because I just took everything, learned everything, and used everything. I always say that if a person wants, he will find a way. Therefore, when I had specific questions about some blocks or approaches, I wrote to the mentor and they answered with all I needed. Usually, someone lacks something because of laziness, not because there are not enough tools. I knew why I came and what I needed.
Has your vision of the product changed from the idea you originally had to the one you came out of the Accelerator with?
- Yes, at first I had a slightly broader idea, but then I realized that I needed to focus on something specific. One of the teachers explained to me very clearly that I should be able to make clear decisions. With this realization, the product emerged even more clearly.
Were you afraid to launch your product on the market?
- Not at all, I have no such fear. My previous experience with the US, Canadian and Australian markets may have had an effect. It was obvious that it was necessary to sell, therefore, when there is a desire – there is no fear.
The only thing we had difficulties with was that we did not know how to properly practice some CEO processes, we needed someone experienced in this matter.
What were Postello’s turning points?
- The first one is a big growth spurt because of what was happening in the AI field, it increased our numbers by 400%. We have a telegram bot that constantly sends us data about new registrations, engagements, and so on. There could be 700 applications per day. We were not even ready for this, because the team was small. But it’s nice 🙂
The second moment is a change in the composition of the team. Then I had a drop in motivation, but when I saw how the applications were flying – it gave me energy and I understood what needs to be done, it is necessary to find new people for the team. I knew that the perfect team was somewhere out there and it was only a matter of time before I will find it. Technical skills and professionalism are important by default, but I am an empath and I need to understand that we will work with the team and we will be comfortable, in spirit. Perhaps this is also my personal growth because when recruiting a new team, I avoided the mistake I made before – I was afraid to ask uncomfortable questions. It is necessary to discuss everything immediately and in advance, so I did so with the new team. The third point is a full-scale invasion. We quickly adapted to work, but emotionally, each of us experienced some kind of break.
Did something change in your personality when you started working on your startup?
- Yes! My vision of things and my views, in general, have changed. When I started immersing myself in the startup story, I realized that there are no negative experiences and everything is “okay”. I used to think that everything should be perfect from the first time, but now I know that it is possible to make mistakes and it is all experience that makes the project better and stronger. I trust those I work with more – there is no micromanagement. I have noticed that when you trust people and believe in their professionalism, they reach more and work more calmly. Everything happens synchronously when you take it easy.
What are Postello’s goals in the near future?
- We are looking for a marketer who is well acquainted with the foreign market. Also, we want to change the business model a little bit. We will work on changing the functionality because now we understand users better, we will add new languages and thereby increase our audience.
CfE will set an example of Mr. Voloshin’s approach to things: clearly, comprehensively, without panic, but with a great desire to create what he set out to do😄. Therefore, let me remind you that our programs are already waiting for your registration, go ahead!